PC Help Center

Answers to Personal Computing Questions

Is there a term for a "forgotten attachment?"

Answer: It seems like it happens all too often. The person who sent you an e-mail forgot to attach the document they said they are attaching. In fact, most of us have probably found ourselves clicking the "Send" button a bit prematurely at one time or another.

While I am not aware of any any official terms for forgotten attachments, here are a few options that came to mind:

  1. mistachment
  2. nontachment
  3. untachment
  4. vaporfile
  5. d'oh! document

Entered: April 11, 2007 – by Per Christensson

Category: Email

Answer from the PC Help Center