||Personal Address Book
||Referenced by an application; not meant to be opened manually
||★ ★ ☆ Average
Address book file used by Microsoft e-mail programs; saves personal addresses and other contact information that is stored separately from other Outlook data.
Follow the instructions below to identify the PAB file that your e-mail profile is using:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- From the Tools menu, select "E-mail Accounts."
- Under the Directory tab, click "View or change existing directories or address books," then click Next.
- Under "You can choose a directory or address book below to change or remove it," first click Personal Address Book, then click Change.
- Note the path of your PAB file that is in the Path box. This is where your personal address book file is located.
- Click OK, then click Finish to close all open dialog boxes.
Unlike the Outlook Address Book (.OAB file), the PAB file is a physical address book that Outlook stores separately from your e-mail data; one PAB file can be added to your e-mail profile, and you can manually add additional contact information to it.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac